[ID] => 1478
[post_author] => 24
[post_date] => 2011-10-09 14:03:08
[post_date_gmt] => 2011-10-09 18:03:08
[post_content] => The JCC-WHI, in collaboration with Moriah Senior Center, is running a free program for seniors that incorporates exercise with tips on fall prevention. The class meets at 90 Bennett Avenue at 2:00pm on Thursdays.
The class is run by Renee Fishweicher PTMS, who is well known to many of us as the Rehabilitation Director at Fort Tryon Center as well as from her practice Elite Care Physical Therapy, located at 630 Fort Washington Ave.
Should you require Physical Therapy services, Renee can be contacted at (212) 927-3422.
Renee has shared these tips on fall prevention:
(1) Wear your glasses. See an ophthalmologist once a year.
(2) Wear shoes with non skid soles.
(3) When getting out of bed, stand up slowly to avoid dizziness and a fall
(4) Make sure to have your medications reviewed periodically by your MD
(5) Remove clutter that you might trip over like wires, throw rugs, and newspapers
(6) Carry small and light loads to avoid losing your balance
(7) Make sure your hallways going to the bathroom are well lit at night
(8) Use your walker or cane if you are supposed to when walking indoors and outdoors
(9) See a Physical Therapist if you feel weak or unsteady
(10) Come to Fun Fit and Balanced, Thursdays at 2!
[post_title] => Fit, Fun, and Balanced
[post_status] => publish
[comment_status] => closed
[ping_status] => open
[post_name] => fit-fun-and-balanced
[post_modified] => 2012-02-28 16:57:39
[post_modified_gmt] => 2012-02-28 21:57:39
[post_parent] => 0
[guid] => http://www.elderpedia.org/?post_type=pxep_event&p=1478
[menu_order] => 0
[post_type] => pxep_event
[comment_count] => 0
[filter] => raw